[Dailydrool] Door Dashing

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 19:10:59 PDT 2011

Front door dashing is not really a issue here at the home of the Beach Hounds, I never trust them and if the gang is near the door as I leave, the command in the "Momma means business" voice comes out with a firm BACK NOW. I have been blessed, they have listened--the only thing they listen to around here---
This reminds me of a story--one that is close to my heart in more ways than one. Especially now--
Elder Clara was known for never crossing the front door threshold unless you were dragging her, or carrying her. What ever bad happened to Clara, had to do with a front door. It was a fear she never overcame. Last year, Sandi, Pat and Craig and the Red Bay Gang came to visit and Elder Clara heard the big truck and went to the front door to check the noise, I had the boys on lockdown as I knew Elwood would be a terror, and with Pats knees, I didnt want him to hurt her. But back to Clara--she looked, seen Pat and Sandi, and by george, she stepped out onto the threshold, tail going and moaning in her special way. Elder Clara and Auntie Pat had a special connection, Elder Clara just preened for Pat--but then Pat always told her how good she looked, how her eyes were so dark and clear at her age, how she just knew Clara was a "looker" in her day. Clara ate up every word and would sit at her feet. Pat would just laugh and chuckle when she seen Clara go after Elwood and roar at him.  Auntie Pat is a special lady, and DOg knows are hearts are more than breaking, this has been hard.
Snoopy, thank you for making me remember this story--it brought a smile, I can still see Elder Clara on the threshold---

Drool to all in need, and so happy to hear the Ohio bassets will be getting a home!! The power of drool is pawsome.

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake