[Dailydrool] Mischief and bassets

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 21:14:06 PST 2011

Right before Ruby was to be adopted she ingested part of a toilet flapper.  Den had replaced it and had thrown the old one in a box he left on the floor.  Roby was next to me chewing on a chew, so I thought, until I looked down at her and saw the flapper with a part of the hardened rubber part missing.  I had not realized she also had eaten some of the metal.  I hoped it would pass, being rubber but it did not and she ended needing surgery to remove  both the rubber and the metal.  She was 6 YEARS old.  Who would have thought the ingested object would even interest a dog?