[Dailydrool] What I did last Saturday

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 10:04:19 PST 2011

Pawtunia here.  Guess what I did last Saturday? I went to a dawG show. Now y'all know that I am NOT a show kind of houndette. I pawfer to attend rescue events and pawrades and stuff. I also like to snark at people during my normal walkies....but some of the kinhounds were going and I do like to see my Hank and Sharonslaves so I got in the BUV with Rusty and we went for a ride a nickzillion miles away. (About 2 hours)  This was something about a Berkshire Valley, but I didn't see any mountains or any valley.

I sniffed my little Great Niece BonBon who is the spitting image of her Great Gramma Cakie. The she slave slobbers all over Bon Bon.....who made her show debut and managed not to be last even though she sits down every time Hankslave lifts her tail to show her off. He says she done good and he is gonna have to work on that. My dear Niece, Sadie did good but she didn't get the points. Her son, Austin was adorable and walked real good. The bestest part for the relative hounds was that my half brother, Fig Newtie did real good. He musta walked special nice or something cause he won da dawG show. He did not sit down when Hank lifted his tail. I don't understand all the Best of things, but at the end he got his picture tooked first and everybody petted him and the tall guy from out west said nice things about him. They said he was a judge but I didn't see any robe. Musta left it at his hotel room.

This made Hankslave so happy that he pulled out a grill and cooked lunch for everybody. Near as I can tell, he likes to do that almost as much as he likes it when Newtie gets best of everything from the tall guy. I took a nice nap with the relatives in a crate and we all got cheese and hamburger.

Rusty got to waddle around the ring in his hat and was the only houndie in the Rescue pawrade. Just Rusty didn't seem to be much of a pawrade, but he worked it and people petted him and gave him treats and a squeekie ball. He worked it real well and caught stuff in the air.

We got to see Woo's Auntie Barbara who was in charge, I think. We had cake in honor of a houndie named Gamble's birthday. That was good.

Then we went home. I got some pets, treats and to see some of the family. This was good. The relatives got ribbons and Newtie got some fancy plaque and a big framed print. He says he liked the attention but it would be okay to pay him in more cheese and hamburger.

Pawtunia