[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 154, Issue 14

Kathleen wright writestartled at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 08:33:34 PDT 2011

Hi, I'm new to the Drool. I'm a friend and co-author with Lauraine Snelling who is the slave to Chewey. We're writing a four-book series for kids ages 8-12, The S.A.V.E. Squad. Four girls, save a different animal in each book. The first book comes out next spring. Book One is Dog Daze and it features a petite baby basset named Wink (due to a malformed eye). I have questions about bassets as I want to make the book rich in basset detail. I own a border collie, however. Can you see my problem? Lauraine does not have experience with basset puppies.

Okay if I ask questions here and you basset lovers can help me out? If so, here's the first one: A basset at 5 weeks is too young to leave its mother. If it were , due to backyard breeder/puppymill situation, what type of mobility does a dog that young have? Is it on solid food by then? Can it walk on a leash? For how long?

Thanks so much.

Kathleen
@LiveStartled
http://LiveStartled.com Confessions of a Startled Fat Woman blog