[Dailydrool] Security deposits

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 21:23:29 PDT 2011

Ah, Dayna, those were the days. We just got hit with a bill for $2600 to replace
the carpeting in the rental which we just moved out of. We knew it was
coming--we knew we had ruined the carpet, even though I shampooed it every two
weeks while we lived there, and we paid a professional company to do it twice a
year. But Bo's illness conquered all efforts. We just didn't know it would be
that expensive. (Plus we were dinged for a number of other things like nail
holes in the walls where pictures had hung, on top of the carpeting charge). Ah
well. Way more than our deposit, but such is the price of basset love. We are so
very grateful to be able to be owners again. Now the carpet we ruin will be our
own until we can afford to rip it all out and replace it with something more
practical. The carpenter just finished building our basset ramp (first things
first, right?). Regards to all from the newly occupied PBF headquarters--a
trifle shabby but all ours!!! Val, Bo, and Harley