[Dailydrool] The bridge kids this past week

Carolsd21 carolsd21 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 16:23:51 PDT 2011

I am so sorry for the loss of all the very special furkids this past week. I listed them in alpabetical order because one is no less important than the other. All were loved by their people. Some more well known through the drool    and  maybe  Pw Elder Clara will speak through Sister Daisy and she will carry on where the Queen  left off,  helping the seniors in need.

 I would like to add one of my special rescues to the list. Sadie left for the bridge last November 12th. I did not post to the drool at the time, so I would like to add her bridge crossing at the end of this post, with all the kids that were loved and  will be missed very much.

Abby
Basil
Elder Clara
Elmo
Grace
Jasper
Norma Jean (Beagle)
Purple
SKinner

Sadie  ATB november 12, 2010

Sadie was a little girl that did not like to be picked up. I pulled her from the shelter for Rescue in 2009.  She was a loner, she didnt know how or want anything from anyone human or k9.  Little by little she came around, one day at feeding time there she was looking at me like the rest of the hounds.  Then one day she came to me for a scratch under the chin, she must have reallly liked it cause she would come up to me, lift her head up for a scratch.  She really blossomed after I adopted her,  she started comming out of her shell.  She started running up  for scratches, climbed up on the couch to sleep pressed against me, she was always waiting for me at the door when I would come back.  One day after about 8 months she started to egg Baxter on to play, it was  day I will never forget. Sadie  still liked her space and the dogs never crossed over her imaginary line.  I was preparing for a second surgery on Sadie to remove more growths,  when
 the one in her mouth started to grow quickly, it was determined to be cancer and unoperable. My little girl was in so much pain, so I  made a decision I was not ready to make and set her free  from the pain she was in, while I stroked her and watched her leave this earth.  I realized that when you rescue dogs, you love each one, but the ones that you bond hard with are the ones that come to you abused, neglected and with patience and love they begin to trust you, feel safe and learn how to be loved, how to play and how to be free to be themselves.   Sadie I wish we had more time together, more time for you to feel that love and the freedom to be.

Miss Sadie
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=124504&id=688084702#!/photo.php?fbid=500155619702&set=a.120713069702.124504.688084702&theater

Carol and her hounds
Saving the seniors, one at a time

Kami 11 GD 12/06, Baxter 11 GD 7/01, Corey 14 GD 11/09

ATB kids Cleo 15 GD 8/07 ATB 12/12/08, Josie 14 GD 10/04 ATB 11/27/09, Cinnamon 14 GD 8/07(Beagle) ATB 11/7/09, Kai 12 GD 2/07 A TB 8/16/08, Megan 16 GD 8/07 ATB 6/16/10, Sadie 12 GD 11/09 ATB 11/12/2010