[Dailydrool] Heart dog

Leah McConnell lmcconnell at centurytel.net
Sun Mar 20 16:37:29 PDT 2011

Maggie was my heart dog. When she went to the bridge I was too devastated to
tell her story. I couldn't even post to the Drool - friends did it for. She
came to me from the Cascadia Basset Hound Rescue in Olympia, WA on Oct, 21,
2006 and left me on April 21,2010. She came into rescue thin with a rough
coat, hot spots and bad teeth. She was neglected and I suspect that she was
abused.  I was told she was sixish but she was probably more like nine-ish.
She woke me up several times at night and peed on the floor for the first 3
weeks. She was an OEBE and got into everything. She counter cruised with the
best of them but she make me laugh and brought me get love and laughter. She
taught me was true love was. She gave me all she was capable of and all she
wanted in return was treats, belly rubs and the chance to cruise. She loved
everyone she met and immediately trained them to give her all the treats she
wanted. Everyone who met her also loved her and missed her  when she left
us. She knew I sometimes kept treats and food in my backpack so she taught
herself how to unzip it. I wouldn't even think of leaving her overnight,
even with a in-house dog sitter because I feared she would think I was
abandoning her. She was a companion/therapy animal to help with deal with
stress and anxiety. More times than not her antics sent me running for my
Lorazapam bottle. When she got pancreatitis and I thought I was going to
lose her I slept on the floor with her so she could get comfort from my
presence. In exchange she has visited me and her Auntie Sharon several times
from the Bridge. She always come to me when she know I need her and she sent
me the wonder new rescue I have. Maggie was not outwardly affectionate but I
knew she loved me, That makes me appreciate Pebbles all the more because she
is constantly giving me kisses and spends half her time on my lap. I will
always miss her and even after almost 11 months I cry at the thought she is
no longer with me.

My heart goes out to the Drooler who just lost her second hound in a little
over two months. Pebbles sends you healing drool.

Thank you to all those who sent me suggestions on how to get a calendar
base, Ellie is going to send me one.

I agree that it is time to move on from Linda's post about condolences. She
wasn't trying to be mean.

Healing drool to all those who need it.

Leah momslave to Pebbles the love bug, Maggie the Evil Empress of the San
Juan Islands OEBE ATB and Rusty ATB