[Dailydrool] Emma breakthrough, hounds back home & some apartment drool needed

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:11:13 PDT 2011

We are all so sorry to hear of all the hounds going to the bridge. There
have been so many as of late, I can't even remember all of the names. But,
we do think of you, and I'm sure the MI houndage give an "Ahrooooo" to help
them on their way.

We have been lurking more than anything as of late. Momma is surviving
graduate school (so far, let's hope it stays like that!) but between classes
2 evenings a week, working and caring for the houndage, there just isn't
that much time in the day for posting. But we do still read the drool as
often as we can.

The houndage is back in MI, yay! Though, they did enjoy ruling the roost at
their grandpawrents back in IL. They were spoiled rotten, fattened up a bit
& Joey has regrown even more hair, which is excellent!

Emma had a few milestones recently, her 7 month gotcha day was March 1, and
she's starting to settle in well. Yesterday at the dog park, we had a
breakthrough as well. Been trying to take the houndage to the park between
work & class, so that they can run themselves stupid, and chase puppies.
Some of the regulars were there, one of which was a catahoula leopard dog &
a golden mix that are regulars. Their momma & poppa were throwing a tennis
ball, since the golden mix loves to catch them. Anyahrooo, one of them
nearly hit Emma, right in the snooter! To my complete surprise, she yowled
at the ball, bowed & pounced on it! Then picked it up, shook her head
(trying to kill it?) and frolicked about for maybe 2 mins or so! Noticing I
was shocked, one of the dog park regulars inquired why, I told her that Emma
had NEVER done that in the 7 mos she'd been with me! So, her & her husband
kept trying to throw her the ball & get her to do it again. She did, but
only once, we all kept telling her "good Emma, good Momma, get the ball!"
and tried to encourage her to keep playing. I was such a proud hound momma!
I'm hoping she decides to play more, it was so nice seeing her have fun &
frolicking about. She usually just grumps at the youngins & waddles from
person to person demanding attention.

Also, if anyone has a little drool to spare, we could use a bit for our
apartment. I've been treating the carpeting here for months, kennel odor
eliminator, Nature's Miracle, vinegar & water, etc. Nothing was working. Got
so bad this weekend that I'm literally sick & the stench is revolting!
Called maintenance and found out that there's a foundation leak, right into
my bedroom, and the carpet pad is harboring mold! That could explain why the
smell is so horrible! So, had some men in a huge truck come out today & dug
a major hole right below the window, scared the daylights out of me by
knocking on the patio door (Emma & Joey volunteered to bite them & pee on
the tires if need be, 'cause it freaked me out when it happened) and just
had questions about the location of the leak & the drainage set up... I was
apparently so sick, I zonked out while they were literally banging on the
side of the wall! I heard the windows rattle more than once & just prayed
one wouldn't break... This is turning into quite the ordeal... The carpet
folks are coming in tomorrow to take up the old padding, dry everything out
& clean it. I'm REALLY hoping this kills the stench! It's *literally* so bad
that I'm sleeping on a folding cot in the living room w/the hounds on the
futon & the chair. Even brought the dog bed out, 'cause the hounds
(especially Emma) would go in there when I was at work or school, and I
don't want them breathing in that crud either. We could really use just a
little bit of drool that this gets all sorted out quickly, and that the leak
and the stench go away once & for all!

As always, the MI houndage is flinging drool to all those who need it. We
are hoping to see some fellow droolers at the MI waddle in a few months!
--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Emma, with Slater (ATB), Aunty to Checkers, Domino
& Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473