[Dailydrool] Drool works! Crackers may be home tonight!

Kr1204 kr1204 at aol.com
Thu Mar 24 08:35:41 PDT 2011

I just got off the phone with the vet, she said Crackers made a
complete turnaround during the night. He is eating, wagging his tail,
looking comfortable, and on his walk, decided he did not need the NG
tube and removed it himself! They are going to watch him for the rest
of the day to make certain he does not get more air in his stomach and
he can keep the food and water down.  If so, I can pick him up this
evening.
This is so different from last night when I visited him and while he
wagged a little for me, he refused food and just wanted to sit or lie
down. The vet and I had "the talk" so I spent most of last night and
this morning with tears running down my face. They still don't know the
underlying cause of all this but the vet noticed that he does not
breathe normally- his diaphragm goes in the opposite direction of
normal. This is something that we will be checking out as she said as
the dog gets older, this can stress other organs including getting air
in the stomach so they go thru these vomiting cycles.
I want to thank everyone who emailed me and drooled for Crackers. I
will respond to messages but believe me, sittiing at the computer,
reading the messages of comfort, love and prayer kept me sane as I
waited each day for the vet's call. You are the best friends anyone
could have and I intend to tell the vet when I pick him up about the
power of THE DROOL!
Kathy with a much improved Crackers, Loki and Jordan and Drummer and
Gracie the housequests