[Dailydrool] Gwendolyn

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 24 21:48:33 PDT 2011

Please keep your paws crossed for Bluegrass Basset Rescue's latest rescue--6 month old 22-pound Gwendolyn.  She was a stray who tested positive for parvo.  I have been forcing Pedialyte by the syringeful and today she finally ate a few teaspoons of baby food meat.  She only vomited once, but the bloody diarrhea was the giveaway that she was not well.  The vet gave her an antibiotic shot for secondary infections and an anti-vomiting injection and sent us home with a box of Cirena (anti-vomiting Rx) that I haven't had to give her at all. Parvo has no cure and all we can do is wait it out.  She has perked up considerably and she was never at the dehydration point---but she's not out of the woods yet.  You can see her on our website...if interested in adoption, she's available (after the parvo...)  We lost baby Bianca to this in 2007 and dread the thought of losing another....

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 2
Murphy, Jeremiah and Sweenie + Grandma and Gwendolyn
www.bluegrassbassetrescue.org