[Dailydrool] gus's verbalizing

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 07:22:37 PDT 2011

i have no idea what he's trying to say, of if he just found "his voice", but for the past week, he speaks, sometimes abrasively.  normally, when he wants to go out, he'll say a little word, or just go in a circle in front of the door, or his water bowl, if he's thirsty.  if i'm at the computer, and he wants hugs on the couch, he'll be a little pesty with a few sounds until i get up and go to the couch with him.  but lately, there is no circling the door or water bowl, no giving me a tap with a paw for some hugs, it's all verbal and when we start going back and forth, you'd swear he was speaking english!  he gets madder and madder and "talks" louder and louder!  this isn't barkiong, no arhooing, this is as close to a conversation i've ever heard.  and it baffles me.  and i admit, sometimes bugs me.  i mean, he will not quit.
it's not pain, he's his fine, dandy self in all other matters.  any thoughts?
gus, loving slave to gus
gus-i mean what i say and i say what i mean.