[Dailydrool] ASTT

Dayna Whitehead Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net
Sun Mar 27 08:56:50 PDT 2011

My very first basset, many years ago in the great state of Texas, would
bring "presents" to me. One item, however, was not brought to me. One night,
while I was watching TV, my male wasn't in the room with me. That was
unheard of because whenever I was in the living room, he was always (and I
mean always!) sitting in my lap. I went looking for him and saw him in the
den. It was dark, but I could see his outline. He was playing with
something. I went in and picked it up. It felt...weird. Very stiff fur,
claws, etc. I dropped it immediately and turned on the lights. I screamed
bloomin', bloody murder!! What I was looking at was what was left of a
squirrel. That's all I'll say. I was very careful about watching them after
that. It didn't completely stop the "gifts," but it did cut down on them. I
don't know if they were actually able to catch squirrels (I had a pair of
bassets and beagles at the time) or if it just "fell from on yonder," but
there were never any more squirrels in my yard again. :) He's been gone a
long time, but things that dog would bring me!! Wow!!

Thanks,

Dayna
mailto: Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net

Mom to: Pierre, LaBelle, Bubba ATB (1/24/2011) and notabassets Izzy, Elke
and Nikki ATB (10/2/2010)