[Dailydrool] Miss Marley

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 15:38:13 PDT 2011

Marley is a crabby sick basset.  She has a massive bladder infection and a double ear infection.  She is crab nasty.  They muzzled her to work on the ears.  And she got her nails clipped.  She will never set foot in there again if she can help it.  She had an ultrasound and they found lots of flotsam and jetsam in her bladder.  There are crystals and both red and white blood cells.  They said they had never seen anything so nasty.  No wonder she is extra crabby.  In the exam room she got under the corner bench where I sat and would not come out.  It is no fun dragging a 60 pound basset out of  her hiding place.  She is on Baytril until the culture they started grows and they send it out for a second lab test.  They sent one out today to confirm that there was an infection.  Marley doesn't do things half way.   She is my baby girl.  I am just glad it wasn't somethng far worse.

She did get to see her grandma Jo whose son had her before us.  Jo always loves to see Marley and Marley likes being fussed over.  She got some extra treats today.  She has her head on my knee right now.  Not a usual occurence. Marley is a talker but not a complainer.  We could not tell that she felt so bad.   Most dogs would have been moaning and dragging around.  Not Marley.  She might grumble and fuss about us being gone but not a complaint about the rear end.

Shelby decided today that she wanted to play.  She does not play.  but when I reached down to pet her she got all excited and bounced around and gently chewed on my fingers.  That is her way of playing sometimes.  She wante to roughhouse and for me to rub her all over.   It was cute.   She is so bossy.  It is funny to watch this little short, fat, footstool shaped dog bellow and order people and dogs around.  She has become more bossy since losing her sight.  She woke us up this morning at 4:45.  Nic must have left her downstairs.  He probably stayed up most of the night.  When it gets too quiet she bellows.  Gets lonely without some noise.  She got her breakfast on time this morning.  Ninja was happy about that too.   She does not like a late bowl.

Thank you to those who sent drool and get well wishes.  Marley will be on meds for at least 3 weeks.  She is easier to pill than some others around here.  Marley is an eater and will take just about anything.  Ninja is doing the "I want my spot back" dance on the floor.  Marley is up here next to me.  Sleeping and hopefully feeling a wee bit better.

Mom with Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby and the bratty kitty boys