[Dailydrool] Pet meds

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Mar 8 12:48:37 PST 2011

There is one sure way to get through to a vet that you are displeased with his or her unwillingness to allow you to get medicines elsewhere: Get a new vet who will allow it.

My vets don't encourage us to go elsewhere, but because they know we are tight financially, I have even had them recommend that we go to WalMart or wherever. Abner is on cepha for his chronic mouth trouble, and I get the medicine  at one of the local food stores that offers free antibiotics. Because my vets have been so good to me in this area, I buy flea preventative and heartworm meds from them that I could probably get a little cheaper elsewhere--but I want to thank them for being so good to us. It wprks out for both of us.

When vets get so concerned about getting their own cut, they are probably on the edge of providing insensitive care for my hounds, so I will not use them. Otherwise, they are one of the really high-end practices that is less than sensitive to human needs. Either way, it may be time to look for a new vet. I know it's a pain, after you've built up a relationship with the vet you go to, but it may be better in the long run.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets