[Dailydrool] Snoopy and Pooper

Dayna Whitehead Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net
Wed Mar 23 14:24:51 PDT 2011

Ahhh, Robert, you caught me. While Pierre is training us, we are trying
(without much success) to train him. The hard part is his lack of hearing.
What I mean to say, Pierre is, sadly, deaf. That has been the case for a
while. While we've been teaching him sign language, of sorts, he's been
teaching us his. It's a learning process.

I spoke with Pierre's breeder today and just found out that Pierre is the
last pup standing. There were 6 in his litter; 5 males and 1 female. I am of
two minds about that. While I am happy for both myself and Pooper, I am sad
for the others who purchased his siblings and lost them. I know for a fact
that all of them loved Pierre's siblings as much as I do Pierre. I am also
well aware that ALL of them have adopted rescues (not necessarily bassets in
each case). That also tells me that Pierre's days are most assuredly
numbered. Please, whether you like me or not, just think good thoughts for
my basset, Pierre. Pierre would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dayna
mailto: Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net

Mom to: Pierre, LaBelle, Bubba ATB (1/24/2011) and notabassets Izzy, Elke
and Nikki ATB (10/2/2010)