[Dailydrool] Can someone explain this?

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 24 13:40:18 PDT 2011

Hi,

We had the exact same thing happen to our Lab when he reached close to 7 years
(Cyrus is 6 1/2).  He got more and more sad and depressed about us leaving, and
worse, when we came home he was SO emotional ... crying and being hysterical
really.  We couldn't understand it as nothing had changed in our schedules in
the last year really.  We solved the problem though and Cyrus no longer really
cares when we leave, and when we come home we get a happy greating, no crying
just a happy boy glad to see us.

How we solved it?  One word, Snoopy.  We went down to the dog pound and fell in
love with Snoopy and he came home with us and now Cyrus doesn't have to be alone
all day any more.  Something about getting older and being lonely wasn't a good
combination for him.

Hope it helps,
Dale