[Dailydrool] Bassadors and other mixed breed bassets

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 14:18:02 PDT 2011

You think logistics on those two crosses is difficult to picture; in our dogpark
we have a basset-St. Bernard mix and a basset-Great Dane mix! The basset/St.
Bernard looks like a basset, with the same proportions (long body, short legs) -
just considerably larger than the average hound. She also has short ears and a
slightly square head. The Dane mix is still a puppy, so it's hard to tell what
he's going to look like. Right now he looks like a long-eared Dane puppy.

Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB

Recently on Craigslist here in Hawaii, two different half basset litters have
been advertised--bassadors and basset-collies. I have been puzzling over the
logistics of these crosses. Does the basset climb up on a stepladder?

I've also noticed when meeting basset mixes at the dogpark in the past, that a
large number of the mixes seem in my imagination to get the body of the basset
hound and the head of the other breed. (I have met a pit-basset and a bassador).
Has anyone else noticed this or is it truly my imagination? Val