[Dailydrool] Green bean diet:

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Fri May 6 09:54:12 PDT 2011

 Colt was getting a little chunky so I started to give him and Ruger green
beans.  (Ruger more so to maintain his weight because he has the severely
bowed legs)  I was feeding 1 ½ cups of kibble (Nutro Ultra Holistic
Superfood) (I'd rather feed better quality but that's what I can afford
right now) now I feed 1 cup kibble and ½ cup green beans.  I use frozen
green beans that are cut into small pieces,  with the lowest sodium that I
can find.  Heat them up in a ceramic bowl in the microwave and then feed to
the hounds.  My microwave has a fresh veggie button that I use and with the
veggies being frozen it makes them warm but not hot.  I also cut back on dog
biscuits.  (Supposedly a large Milk Bone is the equivalent of a
milkshake)Giving either a small piece of homemade chicken jerky or a slice
of fresh fruit (banana, apple, pear etc) or a piece of honeydew or
watermelon or a fresh veggie like baby carrots, red sweet pepper, dehydrated
sweet potato chips. Oh I also make watermelon or honeydew ice cubes for them
in the summer.  The few "dog biscuits" that are given are science diet t/d
(teeth formula) large dog food.  These are large chunks of kibble but
especially designed to scrub the teeth when the dog eats it.  I use them as
treats and not their food
I haven't weighed Colt recently but he does look like he has lost a couple
of pounds. More of a waist line now.  And Ruger looks awesome!  Both hounds
are now pretty muscular with very little fat on them

Drool to all in need
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Ruger "Colt has a fat head"
Colt " Do not!  I'll pound you"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue
to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...