[Dailydrool] Daisy ATB 5/7/11

Deborah L Hartpence hartpence at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 8 04:22:30 PDT 2011

Daisy got cancer in her throat a few months ago which grew very quickly. Too quickly-I wasn't ready to let her go.
Daisy was my first basset, and the reason I found the DD and then Ohio Basset Rescue. She put up with many foster dogs coming and going, helped socialize quite a few, and taught them doggy manners. She was the belle of the dog park when we went, always going to every person there so they could pet her before going to the other dogs to play. If someone did not pet her, she stood in front of them with a very insistent whine until they gave in-she knew she could hold out longer than they could.
Daisy very seldom barked to go outside. Instead, she came and gave 'the look' then trotted to the door expecting you to follow and open it for her. If you missed that look, she would do her little insistent whine, and if you missed the whine, she peed on the floor right in front of you to teach you to let her out next time. She loved to sleep under the covers with me at night, and kept me warm for 6 winters.
Foster dogs have come and gone, and other dogs have come to stay, but Daisy was my first basset, and will always be remembered with love. I miss her so much already.