[Dailydrool] last night with Mona

Wendie Prince houndsabound at att.net
Sun May 8 04:34:59 PDT 2011

HI all,

I thought last night was going to be the last night we had with her.  Mona
is about 14 or 15, and has trouble moving around much.  We usually carry her
out for her potty breaks and did so before bedtime last night.  I checked on
her a few minutes later and she was laying on her side in the grass, with
irregular breathing.  We did not see anything happen, but looking back at
the bed she was in before she went out, it was wet,  not with urine, but
drool.  I did notice her mouth was much more wet than I had ever seen it
before.   We think she had a seizure of some sort.

We got her back inside, and I slept next to her all night, but for about 6
hours  she really did not move too much.  At times I thought she was
paralyzed, but she would move her feet a little bit.

This morning, she seems normal for her,  ate well, but is getting around a
little worse than before.  Her back legs tend to slip on the tile.

I am going to order up some of those adhesive paw pads to help with her
traction.

Mona does not have the ability to chew/lick her hind end, so I know she
could not pull them off her back feet once they are on.

She is a most precious senior to us, and while I know she is pretty old,
please send her some drool.  Maybe because she takes so much care,  she is a
huge personality around here and we love her very much!

Many thanks

Wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org> www.seniorhoundsabound.org