[Dailydrool] Update on Harrodsburg Basset

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Mon May 9 17:40:09 PDT 2011

For those who were wondering (and not following him on Facebook yet!), Carol brought me the senior from Harrodsburg, KY, with the nasty tumor on his foot.  My vet agreed that he did need an amputation, so they did that today as well as chest x-rays (to make sure his lungs didn't have cancer in them, negating the reason to amputate.)  He does have nodules in his belly and Doc said we may only be buying him 6 months to a year, but I know he will have the best months of his life.  His name is Charlie--after Charlie Meyer, the basset herder in WV--and the sweetest boy EVER!  When I had him at the vet Friday for a look-see, I stood at the end of the exam table and he leaned over, put his chin on my shoulder, and signed a deep, contented sigh.  I was smitten :)

When I called my vet at 5:30, he said Charlie was sitting up and barking for his supper :)  Come visit us on Facebook (under Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc) to see the nasty pix of his tumor and his sweet face.  He has so much loose skin it puddles around his butt when he sits down!

Although we DO have Floyd's Fund to take care of much of his surgery bill, I will be listing things on Hound's Bay to replenish the fund for another old guy/gal needing extra help.  Thanks so much for all of the support you give us!

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 3
Murphy, Jeremiah and Sweenie + Grandma, Gwen and Charlie
www.bluegrassbassetrescue.org