[Dailydrool] Jogging Pugs

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Mon May 23 12:48:26 PDT 2011

OMdoG Marlene you are a true gem!!! I would love to hang out with you...but that might really bring on the Rapture!  LOL  And as someone else said, yes the mother ship really needs to come get these fools.  Maybe I'm way off base but I didn't think that it was a good idea to jog pugs in the first place since they have those squished in noses and usually have breathing problems to begin with...let alone trying to breath while jogging in the heat.  It is people like this that should't be allowed to breed or have pets.

Saturday Colt, Ruger and I sat out on the patio  drinking wine while waiting for the End of the World.  Yes even the boyz came up and got a sip of the wine...No I wasn't giving it to them but I sat my glass down beside me, Colt comes up and nudges for pets, and ear scuffs, so I oblige until I hear "lap, lap, lap", I look down and there is Ruger (the good one) sipping my wine.  "MY WINE!" "oh what the hell its the end of the world anyway"  Let him have a couple more laps and then I drank to his health.  Next thing I know I've sat my wine glass down again. Ruger jumps into my lap...Yes I have a 57 lb patio lap hound!  So I'm snuggling Ruger and giving him some throat scratches...he loves having the throat scratched. And what do I hear??? "Lap, lap, lap". I look down and it's Colt in the wine glass.  So I reach down grab the wine glass and drink to Colts health.   Now Thanks to my two wino-hounds I have to go get another glass of wine to bring on the End of Times. Well as it would have it, it is now Monday and we (both hounds and I) are still here.  DH is on the other side of the planet doing a military training thingie-ma-jigger. So I think that i will have another glass of wine to celebrate Still being here and the world still turning under my feet and the dogs paws.

My heart felt sympathy goes out to the parents of the two Labs that went to the bridge this week.  May they live forever in the magic of your memories.

Last week the weather was perfect basset weather and working out in the yard weather...this week however is hot & humid.  It's not god awful hot yet but we are having to get up early to walk the boyz and wait until almost dark to walk.  Last week the boys prefered staying outside and laying in the cool grass.  this week they prefer to stay in the house in the AC and lay on the couches. Sometimes I think they forget how hot it is outside and will go to the door to be let out, but when I open the door to let them out, the hot air hits them square in the snooter and they turn tail to go back to the couches!

Prayers and Drool to all those in the tornado and flood pathes. Stay safe.
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "Momma, get me a glass of that sweet red juice"  PS It's Dog gone hot out there crank up the AC Momma"
Ruger "It's wine dumbkoff!...Yes mother please pour us a glass of your best vino"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...