[Dailydrool] Spring

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue May 24 08:21:49 PDT 2011

I like a clean house. Not one of those "you can eat off the floor" kind of
houses (THAT's never going to happen in this house!) but just clean enough
so I'm not totally humiliated when my non-basset friends stop over. It
seldom to never gets as clean as I'd like it but it's totally impossible
right now. Yes, spring has sprung at the Houndette's house and Jersey and
Suzy are totally blowing their coats. Shadow and Ginger have nice smooth
seal like coats but, between the other two and the cats, I'm sweeping up a
whole dog every time I sweep just the kitchen and sunroom. I decided today
that, in addition to sweeping, the place could use a good mopping too. I
just want you to know that I'm officially in love with Spic & Span (I have
no affiliation to this company). Yep, the DH has been knocked down a peg on
the totem pole and Spic & Span is at the top of the heap right now. I've had
several back surgeries over the past few years so crawling around on the
floor to clean base boards is not an option but, give me a wet mop and Spic
& Span, I'm a cleaning fool. It worked so well that I took a clean mop and
ended up mopping the kitchen walls and cupboards too! It's a little
horrifying when you realize exactly how far these hounds can fling drool!
Then add the mastiffs to the mix....well use your imagination.
Unfortunately, a good share of the rest of the house is done in flat paint
or I'd be mopping all the rest of the walls too!

Dana, I'm sure the children will be pretty jumpy for a while but I'm sure
you will give them the security and love that they need. We're praying that
all of our Missouri friends are safe.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey (who could be furminated till she bleeds and would still continue to
shed)
Shadow (I'm sleek as a seal! No shedding for me!)
Suzy (NO NO NO! No brushing! Leave my fur right where it is! NO NO NO!)
Ginger (thank doG I don't shed mch! The old woman would be pulling my fur
out too!)