[Dailydrool] Dreading June ...

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 25 09:36:48 PDT 2011

Good morning all, momPerson here.

I'm trying to figure out how to explain to Snoopy the chaos that is my reality
in June.  My girls finish school the 2nd week in June and then we are flying
across the country for my nieces sweet sixteen.  Now, everybody has their own
way of dealing with dogs when they travel and mine is the vet.  Cyrus is a GREAT
BIG boy and while I can manage him (as can my husband) he is not so inclined to
cooperate with others.  Simply put he does not take direction well, going where
he pleases and doing what he wants if we aren't around to tell him differently.
And he is strong enough to get his away.  My vet takes excellent care of him.
He is in an (extra large) kennel run (with indoor and outdoor portions) and they
take him out every hour or two for potty walks and let him play with other dogs
which belong to the staff there.  When we pick him up he is always fine.  I
don't have to worry about him getting lost or getting sick or not eating or
being ignored (all of which I have heard of happening with dog/house sitters).
Enter Snoopy .....

Now I have reserved 2 xtra large runs next to each other so Snoopy and Cyrus can
see and hear and smell each other.  I am SO worried that Snoopy will get scared
and think we've abandoned him.  It's only a week but it will seem like a
lifetime to Snoopy.  The vet will let us bring his bed and toys and so on ... do
folks have any suggestions?

Oh ... and it gets worse.  After we return from the sweet sixteen we will have 6
days until my girls go away to summer camp for a month .  Snoopy loves them both
but he is SO bonded with Natalie I'm even MORE worried about this.

What should I do?

Nervous momPerson