[Dailydrool] A Warning/Chase

Tom Hickcox cometkazie1 at cox.net
Sun May 29 11:28:35 PDT 2011

At 11:30 5/29/2011, Karen wrote:

>I will never forget the Saturday morning when Chase called me at
>7:30 am.  They called to ask if I charged over $500 at a sports shop
>in Great Britain???   I told them that it was 7:30 in the morning in
>California and I was in bed sleeping after working a 16 hr. shift at
>the hospital.  There response was I needed to "prove" what I was saying.

My experience with Chase was quite different.  I received a call,
also one Saturday morning, asking if I had paid a $1,200 insurance
premium to a company in Florida with my card.  I assured them I
hadn't and told them the last time I had used the card.

They told me the charge would be removed immediately and asked me to
file a dispute.  They could either mail me the form or I could go to
a branch nearby and do it, which is what I did.  They offered to send
via overnight delivery a new card.  I told them to just mail it to me.

It was all taken care of quickly and painlessly.

I have a debit card with Chase which I use a lot.  Thanks to online
banking I check it daily, one of the first things I do on the cpu.

I have no idea why Karen's experience was at such variance to mine.