[Dailydrool] Bonded pairs

Frans Breytenbach soilkraft at mylan.co.za
Thu May 26 00:17:46 PDT 2011

This is a very interesting concept. We've seen it through the years with the bassets who owned us. When both are docile by nature, the bonding can be quite strong, but if the alpha dog is a dominant character, the bonding is less. I think we are experiencing the ultimate bonding with our Clara and Sally now. Walkies time, the one will not go without the other, and if one doodles along the road, the other one will wait. What is fascinating for me is that they will not go for a walk without my wife. You can simply forget about it ! Is that "cross species bonding" ? And me : No, I don't count, just the provider of the stuff in the food bowl..........

Regards
Frans Breytenbach