[Dailydrool] Jean Paul, Nigel and Colette

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:50:51 PDT 2011

Jean Paul has not stopped moaning since I got him from the Vets this afternoon.  He has pain meds and antibiotics, but he is not comfortable at all.  His moans are so pathetic and constant.  I try to massage him to sleep, and he goes down for five minutes and it starts all over.  He had two bowel movements, very soft which of course dirtied his incision and drain.  Even the most gentle wiping of the area upsets him, but he tolerates it.  I will start chicken and rice tomorrow.  I gave him a small portion of wet food which he ate, and I made sure to have roast beef on hand for the pill giving.  Shhh, he just stopped moaning for five minutes again, looks like a little sleep time.  The drain comes out on Sat., which he already tried to scoot out, the biopsy should be back by then for the internal growth, the left gland is gone, and he had some little growths on his right cheek and his right wrist that were removed.  So he is now using his right wrist to rub the right cheek.  3 minutes this time, he is moaning again.  I feel so bad for him.  It is going to be hard to every get him to the Vet again, I am certain.
Nigel and Colette are fine, just a little groggy.  Turns out Nigel had an extra upper incisor which was causing food to be trapped.  It got pulled.
Everyone's teeth are shiny and clean.  I must get back in the habit of brushing.  I was getting into the routine, but Mom made me stop doing it.  (The dementia speaking on her part.)  Time to get back in the saddle.
Healing drool to all in need,
Jackie and the herd