[Dailydrool] JP's biopsy is positive

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 12:09:29 PDT 2011

JP has been diagnosed with anal sac adenocarcinoma.
He is recovering nicely from the surgery, however, not whining so much, eating and eliminating better.  I spent all day Thursday and Friday by his side coddling him.  I got the news this morning, but I had to go see Mom today, three days not seeing her is too much, and Sis said, he barked all the while I was gone.  We are coddling once more.
The growth was 8mm in size, and his surgeon said he believes he cleared the margins.  The growth was first noticed when JP was in for an exam when the herd all (but 3) caught a cold.  This was on 10/3/11.  Two weeks later, he was in for his routine pedicure and gland expression, and it was noticed again.  We drew blood at that time and scheduled surgery.  We do monthly gland expression as a rule, and this was was never noticed before the exam for the cold.
I will dialogue more after his Vet speaks with the oncologist on Mon or Tues.  The small bit of literature that I have read is vague, trying to be positive, but it does seem rather serious.
Thats all for now.
Healing drool to all in need
Jackie and the herd