[Dailydrool] Retractable leash - DANGEROUS

Donna Funk donna at moondoggiecoffee.com
Mon Nov 7 23:46:33 PST 2011

I read Sandra's post on losing Kipper and my heart broke for her.  I am not
throwing any blame on anyone for what happened as I am sure they (& millions of
others) saw no problem using a retractable leash to walk their dogs.  But I
really felt a need to post that RETRACTABLE LEASHES ARE NOT SAFE!!! They are
especially not safe when you are walking multiple dogs, especially LARGE dogs
who pick up scents.

You do NOT have control over a dog if you use a retractable leash (from
experience).  If the ground is wet or icy, you will not have any control over
yourself walking (from experience).  These leashes are DANGEROUS.

If anyone else has any comments, please post away.

Donna Funk