[Dailydrool] My two new foster girls, Cleo (v2) & Annie

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 10:06:56 PST 2011

Well, the foster girls have arrived! Chris & Jim brought them over Sunday
morning and Quincy just about did a double backflip. TWO playmates, and
girls to boot. Mama, what have I done to deserve all this female attention?
Counting mama, it's now 4 girls to 1 boy! Maybe Quincy will learn some
manners now (or maybe not). Anyway, everyone sniffed & smelled & I showed
the girls the dog doors & they all went outside. Cleo (v2) seems determined
to be buddies & play with Cleo (v1, age 11), and will stand & just bark at
her. Cleo (v1) is pretty much ignoring the whole lot of them. (LOL) So, I
think the girls will learn quickly that Quincy is the playmate & Cleo (v1)
is the queen & not to be disturbed.

They played off & on all day Sunday, indoors & out. And when I sat on the
couch (there's no room to lie down now), Quincy was on my left, and both
girls were on my right (Quincy determined this was the way it's to be after
growling at Annie when she tried to get up on HIS side of the couch). What
a delightful Sunday afternoon we had. Watching TV & Cleo (v1) is in her
recliner & I'm surrounded by hounds on the couch. Both girls love to
snuggle & they like to lay with their little chins on my legs. They are
ADORABLE and so loving. What sweet little personalities they have. Now,
there's the occasional "snark" when they DARE to try & play with one of
Quincy's toys. Here's Quincy, "How dare they!!! Don't they know that
everything in this house belongs to ME." Well, Quinny, you have just been
outnumbered by females. I swear, he's like a stubborn little spoiled boy
(oh wait, he's only a year old, he IS a stubborn little spoiled boy).

Anyway, feeding time was fun. I fix everyone's bowls at once. I have found
that it's easier to put the girls bowls down first, and then Cleo (v1) &
Quincy's. I stand guard & give them a good bit to finish. Then they have to
play "musical bowls" (which I moderate carefully) because I know Quincy is
food "assertive" & Miss Annie seems to be as well. As the bowls empty, up
they come & if there's any left, well, they come up & are put away until
dinner. I've always been a free feeder but there's too many little furry
bodies now. And have I mentioned the poor old cat, Milo? Well, the girls
are fascinated with him. Annie has growled a little at him, but neither
seems to be aggressive toward him, just very curious why this big fat black
thing is hissing at them. So while I'm at work, the cat is enjoying the
privacy of his own room until they're used to him. Last night, they had
their little beds at the end of my bed & I blocked off so that they
couldn't get up on MY bed because Quincy is the king of his domain there.
Everyone slept like a rock & this morning they played like they were nuts.
Rolling & tumbling & what is this? Quincy rolling over on his back being
submissive. Atta girls, Cleo & Annie. You show that snotty boy that "we are
women, hear us roar." Photos on Facebook.

Drool to all in need.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."