[Dailydrool] why I love Bassets

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 13:50:35 PST 2011

Just want to share a little thing that only my Basset friends would appreciate.
Last night, The lady Thelma Lou, a Guardian Angel graduate, decided that I should pet her before she went to sleep.  This is not new....she is an attention hog. Every time I would stop she would nudge my hand.  She nudged through NCIS, through NCIS Los Angeles and through Chopped. Finally, I looked her in her very tightly closed eyes and said: "Thelam mom is tired". She then proceeded to curl up under my arm and put her head in my hand and start to snore.  She slept there all night. Guess she just wanted a little mom time and I really liked my Thelma time.

Snooter and Belly Rubs,
Maggie and Honnold's Hounds
Thelma Lou, Phoebe Grace, Huck the Hunk and Cousin Bandit
Hollyberry ATB, Noah ATB and Fergus ATB