[Dailydrool] Retractable leash

Hilary Stevens hilaryjane at msn.com
Wed Nov 9 13:50:43 PST 2011

We use retractable leashes. We don't have a large garden for the hounds to run around so these give them the opportunity to 'freestyle' in appropriate places. I only have them on an extended lead when I am confident that there's no one (or dog) around.  We only let them off leash on (deserted) beaches as we truly wouldn't see them for dust. My folks don't like them as they find the stopper cumbersome but I'm fine with it. Thanks to Lisa Lucas for posting details of training resources.  We've moved 'into town' and the hounds don't seem to like other dogs (or cars, or small children) much.  Walking them is becoming more and more stressful as I'm worried about who we will meet. Hilary, Alfie and Millie