[Dailydrool] Hot spots - Prednisolone, Tetmosol, Piriton, Malaseb etc etc!

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 13:56:03 PST 2011

Morse isn't doing too badly but does manage to still get little bumps come up where he gets hot and itchy.  He was on regular Piriton all through the year so I took him back to the vet who told me Piriton doesn't work very well on dogs.  I had no idea!  So he tried him on a short course of Prednisolone which was great, but I am guessing that this is only used on an ad hoc basis as it is a steroid.  We have run out now.  One of the basset groups in the UK has suggested Tetmosol soap which is a scabies\eczema treatment and I have ordered some.  He has also been on Fusiderm and Fucidin, and I have used Malaseb shampoo, Aloe Vera, Sudacrem and Gold Bond.  Any other ideas for keeping these areas cool and non-itchy?

Becky, Morse (scratch scratch) and Pumbaa ATB