[Dailydrool] Drool needed for Toffee

oakrydgebh at q.com oakrydgebh at q.com
Tue Nov 15 19:16:57 PST 2011

My sweet old girl Oakrydge Dusted Toffee is at the vet tonight after having had a dental and surgery to remove a mass of tumors from her mammary glands on the left side. I found it a few days ago when I had her up on the grooming table to do routine maintenance. Nails, ears and teeth, etc.. She's a real mamma's girl and I'm sure she is very lonely tonight although they said she will remain sedated for a while. Toffee is 10 1/2 and the sweetest basset in the world. She was spayed following her second litter. She was about 6 yrs. old. The vet called after she was out of surgery and said everything went fine and she can come home tomorrow morning after 9:30 a.m. but I'm still worried about my girl.

I've had one other basset develop a mammary tumor and it also appeared suddenly and grew pretty quickly. Tawni had a long incision and many stitches when she came home after the surgery. The vet said it could reappear so to watch her for it but it never has and she is 13 1/2 y.o. now. Toffee and Tawni are not related but they are best buddies. Tawni is missing her too.

Thanks.
Jacqie Marvich