[Dailydrool] Poison center advice

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 09:55:34 PST 2011

<<this morning i read here on the drool of the animal poison control. i was confused because they mentioned there was a fee and then they would give you advice>>

The poison center gives advice for a price--I don't think you'd get anything for free. It's like visiting a vet on the phone. After you pay, you speak to a real vet, who tells you what to do. I imagine that they may sometimes suggest that you visit a local ER, but in our case they didn't and saved us a lot of money. However, if a hound swallowed something hard and sharp, that had to be removed, this probably would not be the best option--go straight to the ER for that.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets