[Dailydrool] Christmas tree

barbara rocheleau bjrocheleau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 19:21:09 PST 2011

I feel very guilty to say that Opie and Layla do not bother with the tree.
Opie lays on his bed as we decorate, he does not like anything new or
changes.  Layla lays under it as I try to put the ornaments on.  I believe
it was last year, she did pee on the tree skirt!  Layla will pee on
anything on the floor, hence why we cannot have any rugs around.  A rug 1x1
inch will get peed on my Layla!  No rugs...no pee!

Layla and Opie do not have typical Basset behavior. (thank doG!)  No
counter surfing, stealing food, or eating ornaments. They don't sleep on
the furniture anymore since we bought a new sofa and chairs.  I bought them
new beds at the same time and they enjoy them!  I do have to put something
on the seat of the chairs when we go out, but they have not gone one them
at all!  I can leave grocery bags on the floor and they don't bother with
them..  They may stick their noses in the bag, but don't take anything out,
or eat it in the bag!  They are stubborn, especially Layla, and do flat
basset on a walk, but they are very good babies!

I must say, I do enjoy the stories of counter surfing, stolen food,couch
stealing etc....just glad they are not done here!!

 I love my babies!!!
Barb, Momperson to Layla (I love rugs!) and Opie (do you really have to
bring that tree in the house??)