[Dailydrool] Apple Cider Vinegar

A. Woodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Wed Nov 16 21:36:30 PST 2011

Most of you probably know that I cook for my bunch, and mix the cooked food
with some kibble for added crunch, vitamins and bulk.  So what does this
have to do with apple cider vinegar?  One of the really great benefits of
cooking for the dogs is, you can sneak all kinds of nasty tasting stuff into
their food and they'll gobble it up, even Holly the Extremely Picky Dolly!

We also hide lots of things in a teaspoon of canned cat food and the dogs
gulp it down without chewing so they don't realize they just took a
pill...but it would take a huge amount of cat food to disguise the taste and
smell of  vinegar...so putting it in their cooked food/kibble mix would be
the way I would do it.  And I would start with a very small amount and
increase it over a week or two until you get to the correct amount.  (Yes,
the Mama is sneaky.) You could try two tablespoons in a gallon of water,
that might work, but they also might smell it and refuse to drink it, hard
to know.

By the way Chris, if you are going to try the vinegar treatment you can mix
it with water and drink it that way, it's not all that bad.  And if you are
prone to indigestion or heartburn after meals, try drinking about a teaspoon
of A.C. Vinegar in half a glass of water and see if it helps.  If it does,
that means your stomach is not producing enough acid for good digestion (and
you do NOT have acid reflux, just the opposite).  Just be sure to use Apple
Cider Vinegar, not white vinegar.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net