[Dailydrool] Basset Fabric!

Susan Hurt toodlessm at me.com
Wed Nov 23 16:58:26 PST 2011

I love to quilt and was frustrated by the paucity of basset hound prints.  Fortunately, Emmy Little of GABR directed me to Spoonflower.  On this website, I discovered a young lady, Elishka Jepson, who has two darling bassets and had already designed some basset hound fabrics.  She designs under the name of Robyriker.  I collaborated with her (as I am definitely NOT an artist)and she designed an extensive line of what I believe are gorgeous basset designs.  They are  called "doodle basset" and are bright and cheerful and will definitely make you smile.   She also has some prints dedicated to her basset Wilbur with a circus theme and these are spectacular as well!

Anyway, I invite you to check out these fabrics.  Please visit www.spoonflower.com  and type in basset under search.  Be sure to look at the "happy howlidays" print for Christmas!  Note that the fabric is available in quilting weight as well as decorator fabric, silk, etc so it is extremely versatile and can certainly be used to make many items for basset auctions!  The fabric is a bit pricey, but I have been working with it and think it is very high quality.  Plus, it is covered with basset hounds and is gorgeous!

I hope you are as excited by the artistic possibilities of this fabric as I am!

Susan Hurt
toodlessm at me.com