[Dailydrool] Thanksgiving

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 17:55:56 PST 2011

Ahhh, Thanksgiving is the absolute BEST holiday as far as the Houndettes
are concerned. We totally lost count of what they scored on. Between the
two two year old grandchildren that thought they could carry food around
the house in their hands and the counter cruising that went on.....well, I
know all of you know exactly what I'm talking about! Jersey is by far the
best counter cruiser and food snatcher that we have. I promise you,
this old gal levitates to the level of the counter top and table with
absolute grace and can grab any small tidbit of food out of a two year olds
hand without touching even one little finger! I do know that she and
Shadow scored on a bag of sandwich rolls that still had about four or five
large rolls in it and someone left the carrot cake cupcakes too close to
the edge of the counter and she got one of those. Jersey and Shadow were a
couple of very blissful houndettes for a while and I was a very worried
momperson after the roll incident. Tybee learned a lot while the family was
here for the holiday and I'm sure he'll use everything he was taught
on whomever adopts him next Thanksgiving!

I was kind of sad for Ginger. She was not allowed up with the family while
there was any food around because of her aggression when it comes to food.
I don't think she would ever get nasty with the babies over food but I'm
just not sure how a dog views small kids so I wasn't willing to risk the
possibility that she might get snarky with the two of them. Let's face it,
she would have gotten snarky with the other hounds just because there was
so much food around anyway so it was just better to leave her out of the
whole food picture. She got us back by getting us up VERY early every
morning that the family was here. Like at 5:30 in the morning but then she
was allowed to come into bed with the DH and I. We finally decided by the
third day that she was up that early purely for the secondary benefit of
being allowed in our bed without any of the other hounds. We'll see what
happens tomorrow now that everyone has gone home.

I hope all of you continue to vote for CBHR for the next few weeks.
Everyone connected with BaRCSE is so excited that we actually won the week!
It would be so great to have two basset hound rescues win during the same
voting period. We Droolers have the absolute ability to make it happen if
we all continue to vote just like we have over the past few weeks. Lets
make it happen for CBHR too!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
with foster boy Tybee