[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 04:25:03 PST 2011

Sorry about not putting in a subject line, but Yahoo won't let me, for some unknown reason.

Carol:
Sounds to me as if your Dozer's doing just fine. It takes a while for a hound to recover from a back surgery, and the rehab time can be very hard on both human and hound. But it sounds as if you're weathering it just fine. I don't know that my Abner rebounded that quickly, and he made a full recovery. I hope your boy's leg continues to improve, though he may always have some weakness. To my way of thinking, as long as a hound can walk enough to move himself where he needs to go, it's worth it.

Abner always had something of a hunch in his back. I understand that comes from what they do in the surgery (sorry I can't be more specific about that). But it never stopped him from doing whatever he wanted to. The hunch may lessen a bit in time, but it's the least of your problems.

I hope Dozer continues to make progress by leaps and bounds.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets