[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 13:12:45 PST 2011

Re: Retractable leash--dangerous

I agree thoroughly with Donna on this subject. I have frequently seen people with very small dogs on retractables, and the dogs are out of control. A larger breed simply has more out-of-control options.

I used one very briefly and gave up on it. If anyone wants to put their dog in danger and does not have one, feel free to borrow mine for a while to discover how bad these are. Then pass it on to the next unbeliever who wants to buy one, but shouldn't. I'll just pray that none of your dogs get hurt.

I do not know how these leashes became so popular.

The last time I gave an opinion on this subject, I got some mild flak from people who loved them. Please don't bother this time, since I have more on my plate than I can deal with right now and really don't care. I'd rather warn the unsuspecting than take the heat.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets