[Dailydrool] Chocolate

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Mon Nov 14 16:34:45 PST 2011

I read that a ten pound dog would have to consume 20 ounces of chocolate to
hurt them. That is a pound and a quarter!! And the result is it may give
your dog diarrhea. ( It would do worse than that to me and I weigh a whole
lot ore than 10 lbs)  Milk Chocolate is not as harmfull as baking chocolate
and baking chocolate is so bitter a dog would probably not eat it.
But if you are worried the best thing as many have already said is to give
your dog Peroxide and it works quickly they will empty their stomach before
you can blink.
I do not give my dogs chocolate any more but in the eighties before this
whole chocolate scare came out we had our first Basset girl and she had her
own candy dish filled with Hersheys chociolate miniatures and if we ate any
she was upset!!! She lived to be 15.
About five years ago we had a foster with pancreatic cancer we fed two
hersheys candy bars a day to to keep her sugar levels up so she could
function, it kept her going strong for two extra years.