[Dailydrool] Christmas tree poll

Suzanne Dempsey csdempsey at charter.net
Wed Nov 16 10:59:44 PST 2011

We put up our last full size 6 foot Christmas tree about 7 years ago,
after we got our third basset Bonnie.  We had decorated the tree, left
to go out to dinner and came home and found ornaments broken and
scattered all across the living room..We were scratching our heads as to
how the ornaments got scattered far and wide..Well, Bonnie was more than
happy to demonstrate for us..She was grabbing hold of the lower branches
of the tree and swinging the tree around on it's axis.  Ornaments were
being propelled into the air, hitting the walls and breaking...Since all
of our two leggers are grown and out of the house..we bought a 3 foot
tabletop tree, which we enjoy just as much..not as much work to put up
or take down..We still put up our nativity scenes and wreaths, etc which
are out of reach of the houndies.