[Dailydrool] Christmas trees

Howard Aiello 3dognite at warwick.net
Thu Nov 17 09:16:52 PST 2011

Read the drool about Christmas trees very amusing. Yes,we still decorate for Christmas. Yes,we still put up a tree. However,over the years we have made adjustments. It started with our first basset,Cleo the Flopper. The tree was placed on the floor with a nice skirt,figurines & a train set that chugged around the tree. The tree was decorated with tinsel,lights & candy canes. At first the candy canes disappeared. Then the tinsel got shredded & the tree nearly fell down. Then one night we found our late,beloved Cleo the Flopper,asleep under the tree atop the train set. Guess they got derailed. To keep the feeling of Christmas alive Dadslave quickly made some adjustments. Out came my toybox when I was a kid-about 50 years ago-and the tree was elevated. The candy canes were put on the higher levels. She would often look at them & try to get them but couldn't. Cleo has since left for the Bridge & along came our basset from Looziana,Peter Riley aka Ragin Cajun. He not mind the adjustments. He daily inspects the tree but not touch it. For his good acts he is rewarded. He does know where his stocking hangs on the mantle but it is out of his reach along with his brudda's & sista's. We are getting ready for the Christmas season & who knows where the tree will go. Life is good thanks to my furends. Oh,nearly forgot-baked Christmas goodies are locked in the dryer-ha! ha! Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Love the slaves of Peter Riley aka Ragin Vajun,Krystal(Grandmas) and Catfish Hunter