[Dailydrool] Voting--other Basset Rescues in SC

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Thu Nov 17 09:24:54 PST 2011

Hi Jean,

Count me as just confused,  but what I am giving thought to?    Are you
asking folks to change who they are voting for?   Or just the fact that you
all have an average of 55 hounds in rescue?

It is a lot of hounds, no doubt, so I get the expense part, but we, as a
group, chose Basset Rescue Crew of the SE as the rescue to vote for this
voting period and I feel that should be honored.

If I have misread your post, as it is reading between the lines, and this
was not your intent, my apologies to you all.   The post just felt like you
were asking for people to start voting for CBHR in the middle of this voting
session.  I do not feel like we can be effective as a group to help BaRSCE,
or any rescue we are voting for, if we divide our votes between two rescues.

Good Luck with your grant writing.

Wen

I saw in the Drool that someone questioned whether there was another Basset
rescue in SC that could be voted for.  Carolina Basset Hound Rescue operates
in both NC and SC, but is incorporated in SC.  We are currently in 12th
place in SC as most of us have been voting for the SC Rescue of choice of
the Droolers.  We've been around a long time and have adopted out over 1450
Bassets during those 15 years.  We have average. of 55 Bassets in Rescue all
of the time. As the grantwriter for our group, I encourage folks to give
this some thought.---Jean