[Dailydrool] Frank's Intermittent Problem

Nancy Kay nancykay9 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 07:54:33 PST 2011

Thanks Tons, folks, for all the suggestions about Frank's Intermittent
Problem! Here's a rundown of the ones I've received:

It's probably gas.
It could be excess stomach acid.
It could be nausea.
It could be an intestinal reaction to allergies.
GasX is safe and helps.
Pepcid AC is fine to give.
Tums are fine, too, including generics.
Probiotics can cause gas.
Low-fat dog food can help.

Here's our plan for the week:
Stop giving Frank the blop of yogurt with every meal (eliminate probiotics).
Don't give him any of the canned food we give Tina -- it's richer than
kibble, and he has a known problem with rich foods.
Don't give him carrots as treats, since dogs don't digest them easily anyway.
Give him 2 GasX pills with his meals.
Feed him on a cookie sheet to slow him down. (We're afraid he'd eat
rocks in his bowl since he's pretty manic at mealtimes!)
Give him a dog biscuit or two between meals and after dinner so his
tummy won't be completely empty.

I'm so grateful for you Droolers who all care so much to take the time
to write, and wish Frankie the best.

Thank you so very much!

Nancy, and Frank the Tank and Tina-Weena