[Dailydrool] Bloat Video

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Thu Nov 24 08:22:29 PST 2011

I have always been terrified of bloat...I sort of knew what to look for, but not really.  One night, Annie was very restless.  She kept wanting to go out, and seemed to have an upset stomach.  I slept in the living room with the 2 dogs, and was online at 3am, Googling the symptoms of bloat.  I was touching her stomach, then Fred's, then hers.  I was looking to see if her gums were pale, and comparing them to Fred's (he was not too happy with me, as it was the middle of the night, and he was trying to sleep.)  Her symptoms did not match bloat symptoms except for the restlessness, but I did not sleep at all that night.  By morning she was ok, and I think she just had an upset stomach.  The video was so informative, and made me feel less nervous, because now I know what to look for.  I forwarded the video to friends and family with dogs.

Thanks for sharing, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Rose, Annie and Fred