[Dailydrool] Please help OMBR find a home for Fergus.

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 15:58:40 PDT 2011

------------------------

Hello Droolers!  I need to do some networking to help us place Fergus,
a basset mix that was originally one of Sally's puppies that we took
in over the winter.  Please pass the word around, in case you know of
anyone who would like to have an only dog.  Fergus lived with
teenagers and a fairly frail senior gentleman until recently, so he is
good with all sorts of people - it's only other dogs he doesn't care
for.  (We are in Arkansas, but can arrange transport to the right
home).

Fergus is a 10-month-old half-basset.  He first came to our rescue as
a 3-day-old puppy, with his siblings and his basset momma, Sally.  He
was adopted out at 10 weeks old, but has recently been returned.
While he loves people, it turns out that he is jealous of sharing his
people with other dogs.  Fergus needs to be AN ONLY DOG, who can have
his humans' undivided attention.  He is still puppy enough to be
pretty active, so he will need a home that is prepared to take him on
long walks or give him plenty of playtime.  He says his ideal home
would have someone who is home most of the day, or maybe somebody who
wants a dog to accompany them on their travels or to their job site.

He is fully grown now at 50 pounds, with slightly longer legs than a
full basset.  We think daddy was a black-and-tan coonhound.  He is
very handsome, as you can see from his photos and video.  Since Fergus
is a mix, he has a reduced adoption fee of $75. Email Menzie at
menzie at ombr.org, or apply to adopt Fergus at
http://ombr.org/availabledogs1.html.

Photos:
http://media10.dropshots.com/photos/477171/20111010/154111.jpg