[Dailydrool] Cyrus checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 12 16:46:05 PDT 2011

Hi All, Cyrus here,

momPerson and Snoopy have sworn off the drool for the time being because they
can't open e-mail without bursting into tears these days.  I'm sorry to hear
Penelope has made her way to the bridge.  And of course we send our best to
Nigel and his family.

I've got my share of basset related complaints.  Those mostly revolve around
Snarky .... er ... I mean Snoopy.  Now he's cute.  And he's LUCKY he's cute.  It
took TEN (count them TEN) months before he learned to share a plate.  momPerson
has been RINSING plates instead of letting us lick them because Snarky ... that
is to say Snoopy ... would just go crazy if you put a plate down on the floor to
lick.  Finally last month she found a trick.  Let me lick while she counts to
three, and then let Snoopy lick while she counts to three and then back and then
forth and so on.  FINALLY he realized no one is trying to cheat him and then
last week we just both started licking together and were fine.

We share water bowls too ... his as well as mine, much to my shagrin!  He sticks
his whole snooter in there and then when he's done drinking he blows his nose in
it for good measure!!  EWWWWW.  momPerson has to change the water 8 times a day.

Today we went to the dog park.  Everybody knows me because I've been going there
7 years now.  And everybody knows Snoopy because he's ... well ... Snoopy.  He
gets along with everyone, but he still asks dogs to play by barking at them and
a lot of dogs don't like that.  Just last week I had to explain to a yellow lab
that while he might be rude he's also mine and you cannot offer to kick his butt
for being loud.  I told the yellow lab twice and then I had to hump him to make
my point and we wound up getting dragged home on account of him.  Week before I
was humping a lady ridgeback who was getting too chummy with my little brother
with the same result.  Sheesh.

Snoopy has a new trick.  You see momPerson bought ottomans for every bed in the
house so he can get up.  And I decided he could get in bed with momPerson and
dadPerson and me.  So .... he does ... and then he scratches and chews.  He
knows momPerson will scold him for this ... and I cannot stand anyone being
scolded.  I punish momPerson for scolding by standing outside and glaring at
her.  I taught her not to scold the girls in front of me this way.  Well, Snoopy
has figured out he can kick me out of bed by scratching because momPerson will
scold and so I have to punish her and ... yeah ....

Snoopy and I like to hang out together.  We look like ying and yang when we
sleep together, those intersecting half moons, that's us.   I'm black and he's
got some white, and it works.   We sleep together that way on every bed in the
house ... unless momPerons and/or dadPerson is in the bed ... then Snoopy grins
at me and starts to scratch ..... We play too.  I'll get out the Frog that goes
ribbit ... and he'll steal it ... so I go get the cow which goes mooo and Snoopy
shouts MY cow and grabs it so I go get the orange squeaky ball and he starts
crying I WANT the ball, I WANT the ball .... so I give him the ball and go get
the IDENTICAL orange squeaky ball and he starts crying I want THAT ball and so I
go grab the dragon with 16 squeakers and momPerson tells him to leave me the
heck alone already ...

Hang in there through all the sadness, drool to all in need ( I drool as much as
my buddy here).

More later from Cyrus and Snarky ...er ... Snoopy