[Dailydrool] Hound Safety Product

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Oct 12 18:06:10 PDT 2011

Hound Safety announcement:
It is starting to get dark earlier and earlier...and if your like me you like to walk your dogs after supper and its now dark outside. I used to have 2 red LED ligts attached to my dogs leashes but they have burnt out.  So on a quest to find something better I went on line and googled "dog leash lights" and one of the items that popped up was a "Pup Light"  It is like a Petzel Head lamp that we use in the military when on night ops and not under light discipline (black ops).  But these Pup Lights hung from the dogs collar instead of going around a human forhead.  So I have ordered one for each hound. I have 2 Petzels but I like the way these puplights hang off the collar so the light is not hiden by the neck skin, fur and ears as much.  Hoewever in the meantime I did use my 2 Petzel headlamps on our walk tonight and I had several comments about the dogs being lite up and as an added bonus all of the vehicles that passed us did slow down as they approched us. (probably wondering what in the hell we were) Several folks obviously rubbernecking the dogs & I.  The lights also allowed me to see where we were going better and hopefully allowed traffic to see me and my hounds better so as not to run over us.
I have no affiliation with either Petzel or Puplight only that I have used the Petzels and have been very pleased with them and the Puplights looked like a good Dog version light.  I'll let you know how they work once I get them and the boyz and I try them out.

The puplights I got for 19.99 for the first and 14.99 for the second. (if you want more then one only order one initially. the website will then ask you if you want a neck light/human and then ask if you want additional puplights for 14.99 to use as gifts.)
https://www.puplights.com/

Or you can buy a petzel at the below website or go to Lowes or HomeDepot for Petzels or simular head lamps.
http://www.petzl.com/us/outdoor/headlamps/tikka-zipka-series/tikkina

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers who are now walking in spot lights
Colt "look at me"
Ruger "we are ASTT MOM...What about covert/black ops do you not understand...we don't need no stinkin' lights"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...